Welcome to Dane County Parks
Due to recent rainfall, Dane County is placing slow-no-wake orders on Lake Monona, Waubesa and Kegonsa. The restrictions for watercraft to slow down will take effect immediately today.
Please note that Token Creek Dog Park will be CLOSED on Wednesday, June 27th for forestry maintenance.
- Dane County Dog Parks *free day* is Saturday, June 16, 2018
All Dane County Parks and City of Madison Parks Dog Parks are free for that day. Dogs must be vaccinated and have their municipal licenses.
- Dane County Lake Access Sites and Tenney Lock *free day* is Saturday, June 30, 2018
All Dane County, City of Madison, and City of Monona Parks Boat Launches and Tenney Lock will be free to use and try out for the day.
- Important Information for Indian Lake Anglers (May 2018)
- Phase 1 of the Capital City Trail Pavement Restoration will occur this summer
Located in south-central Wisconsin, Dane County Parks offers a variety of recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Natural environments are venues for quiet getaways as well as unique locations for your special event. Dane County Parks is dedicated to making your experience enjoyable and takes an active role to enhance and preserve the county’s finest natural resources.
- 26 Recreation Parks, including 7 Dog Parks
- 16 Wildlife Areas
- 14 Natural Resource Areas
- 6 Historical/Cultural Sites
- 2 Forests
- Over 100 miles of Trails - Including Bicycle, Equestrian, and Cross-country Ski Trails
- 5 Campgrounds and Multiple Adult and Youth Group Camp Sites
- Lussier Family Heritage Center
Your tax-deductible donation will help us continue to maintain and improve the Dane County Park System. A variety of donation and memorial options are available.
- 6/23/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Core Area/Curtis Prairie Work Party
- 6/23/2018 - BioBlitz at Lake Farm County Park
- 6/23/2018 - Prairie Chase Run/Walk at Pheasant Branch Conservancy
- 6/23/2018 - Barn Dance - Silverwood County Park
- 6/30/2018 - Dane County Lake Access Sites and Tenney Lock Free Day
- 7/7/2018 - Annual Wingra Creek Clean-up with Catholic Multicultural Center
- 7/7/2018 - UW Madison Arboretum Grady Tract Work Party
- 7/22/2018 - Free Native Plants for School and Community Projects Application Deadline
- 8/8/2018 - Dairy Heifer Grazing Tour
- 8/25/2018 - Barks for Parks! fundraiser for Dane County Dog Parks!
- 12/1/2018 - Arboretum Wingra Oak Savanna Work Party